Hosted at the Brand New Skills On Point Simulation Center at 6775 Fincham Drive, Rockford, IL on Apr 25, 2020 from 8am-4pm.
Seating limited to 30 attendees so confirm your seat as early as possible to guarantee your spot!
This is an optional day course separate from the Outpatient Practitioner Skills Workshop.
This day of training is included in that workshop pricing.
This course is the perfect way for any nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or physician looking to learn all the skills necessary for outpatient suturing. OR grade equipment is used to help best replicate the real-world environment and our hyper-realistic trainer makes the most of the action-packed day. You are guaranteed to leave with the skills to confidently apply these skills immediately on your patients.
Come elevate your skills to the next level!
Course includes 8 ANCC-approved nursing contact hours or AAFP Prescribed Credit as well as catered lunch and a suturing trainer for home use!
For any questions about the continuing education credits or travel arrangements, contact John Russell at 309-370-7582 or email@example.com
List of content included:
- Suturing instrumentation and tying with instruments.
- Suture types and the needles that accompany them.
- Needle driving, suturing, and knot tying selection relevant to tissue layers and proper wound closure.
- Simple interrupted stitch
- Horizontal mattress stitch
- Vertical mattress stitch
- Figure of eight stitch (4 types)
- Simple running suture line
- Running horizontal mattress suture line
- Running vertical mattress suture line
- Running locking suture line
- Modified versions of running suture lines
- Running subcuticular stitch
- Punch biopsy techniques
- Skin stapler insertion and removal
- Review of skills
Block pricing at Hilton Garden Inn Rockford, IL available. Mention Skills On Point group block.