Let's go to Las Vegas, Nevada!
Join us in downtown Las Vegas, Nevada at the Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, located at 370 Hughes Center Dr, Las Vegas, NV for an amazing stay before the holidays and see all the glitz and glamor you can handle! The amazing Christmas tree at Bellagio and the Shops of Caesar's Palace await! The course will be held on Dec 21, 2019 from 8am-4pm. There is an optional hand-tying workshop in the evening as well for an additional $150.
(More hotel info below)
Seating limited to 30 attendees so confirm your seat as early as possible to guarantee your spot!
Total of 17 hrs of CE (plus 4hrs of hand tying optional)
Live Course includes:
8hrs of suturing and derm procedures like shave, punch, and elliptical biopsy, abscess packing and incision/drainage and anesthesia techniques.
Online Course includes:
9 hrs of online self-paced CE (4hrs of pharm CE) content in Chest and Extremity X-rays, Antibiotic Management, and Heart Failure Management.
This course is the perfect way for any nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or physician looking to learn all the skills necessary for outpatient suturing and basic office procedures. OR grade equipment is used to help best replicate the real-world environment and our hyper-realistic trainer makes the most of the action-packed day. You are guaranteed to leave with the skills to confidently apply these skills immediately on your patients.Come elevate your skills to the next level!
Course includes 8 approved contact hours as well as catered lunch and a suturing trainer for home use!
For any questions about the continuing education credits or travel arrangements, contact John Russell at 309-370-7582 or use the contact us link above!
List of content included:Importance and role of APRNs and PAs in suturing.
- Objectives reviewed.
- Suturing instrumentation and tying with instruments.
- Suture types and the needles that accompany them.
- Needle driving, suturing, and knot tying selection relevant to tissue layers and proper wound closure.
- Simple interrupted stitch
- Horizontal mattress stitch
- Vertical mattress stitch
- Figure of eight stitch (4 types)
- Simple running suture line
- Running horizontal mattress suture line
- Running vertical mattress suture line
- Running locking suture line
- Modified versions of running suture lines
- Running subcuticular stitch
- Punch and shave biopsy techniques
- Local anesthesia
- Abscess Incision/Drainage and packing
- Skin stapler insertion and removal
- Review of skills, post-evaluations, question and answer session
Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center
370 Hughes Center Dr.
Las Vegas, NV 89169