This is a private course for Governors State University students, faculty, and alumni.
Come join us for the THIRD ANNUAL GSU SKILLS DAY on May 9, 2020 at the Nursing building in the G wing at Governors State University in University Park, IL for a great day of office skills and knowledge!
Topics this year include:
ESSENTIALS OF SUTURING (8AM-12PM)
- INTRODUCTION TO INSTRUMENTS
- SELECTING SUTURE TYPE AND NEEDLES
- MANAGING TENSION ON WOUNDS
- SELECTING PROPER TECHNIQUE
- SIMPLE INTERRUPTED STITCH
- HORIZONTAL MATTRESS STITCH
- VERTICAL MATTRESS STITCH
- FIGURE OF 8 FOR PUNCH BIOPSY CLOSURE
- CORNER STITCH
- SKIN GLUE
- SKIN STAPLING
OFFICE PROCEDURES (1PM-5PM)
- SHAVE BIOPSIES
- PUNCH BIOPSIES
- LOCAL ANESTHESIA
- FIELD AND DIGITAL BLOCKS
- FLUORESCEIN STAINING AND WOODS LAMPS
- CERUMEN IMPACTION REMOVAL
- ABSCESS INCISION AND DRAINAGE
- WOUND PACKING
- NAIL TREPHINATION AND REMOVAL
- PARONYCHIA RELEASE
- RING REMOVAL AND CUTTING
ONLINE OPIOID PRESCRIPTION AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE EDUCATION CONFERENCE (10 PHARM CE)
COVERS THE ENTIRE ILLINOIS OPIOID CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENT (NORMALLY $199,
WILL INCLUDE FOR $99)
This optional course meets the renewal requirement for IL licensure, which requires 10 hours of opioid prescription and substance abuse education. We have a made this course available to you at HALF PRICE as an available option to bundle and get your stuff done easily right before renewal in May of 2020!
All course content includes ANCC-approved continuing education hours.
If you have any questions about the content or further details, please contact John Russell at email@example.com or 309-370-7582 cell.