Hosted at the Brand New Skills On Point Simulation Center at 6775 Fincham Drive, Rockford, IL.
Available to enroll as:
- Day 1 Only: 8Hr Suturing Workshop from 8-4pm
- Day 2 Only: Wound Care plus Office procedures from 8-4pm
- Both Days: Includes both days plus additional online Pharm CE content in Antibiotic Management and Heart Failure Management (plus $101 savings!)
Attention all Primary care students and practitioners!
Take your office procedure skillset and supercharge it with an expert-guided intensive up to 21 Contact Hour or 16 AAFP prescribed CME credit immersion of all the outpatient office skills available in one place! Taught by clinicians who perform these skills with the most up to date evidence-based techniques, you won't find a more in-depth personal mentorship through these techniques with the most state of the art simulation equipment available.
- 8 Hour Basic Suturing Techniques
- Instrument selection
- Suture selection
- Size and technique selection
- Simple Interrupted
- Simple Buried
- Horizontal Mattress
- Vertical Mattress
- Half-Buried Horizontal Mattress
- Figure 8 Technique
- Simple Running
- Running Locking
- Keith Needles
- Barbed Suture
- Local Anesthesia Techniques
- Primary vs Secondary Intention
- Managing Tension
- Fine Suture Management
- Stapling Techniques
- Cerumen Impaction Removal
- Fluorescein Stain and Woods Lamp Lab
- Incision and Drainage
- More Local Anesthesia Techniques
- Abscess Packing
- Basics of Wound Management
- Skin Lesion Lab (Punch and Shave Biopsy Excision)
Purchasing both days includes: Antibiotic Management and Heart Failure Managment OR you may swap for any other online courses we offer for like CE credit allowance at NO charge!
For more information about contact hours or registration, use the contact us link above or contact John Russell at 309-370-7582.
Hotel blocking has been provided at the following link with discounted rates at Hilton Garden Inn.
For more information, see the section on the homepage of www.skillsonpoint.com under Quick Links for more details about travel and lodging recommendations.