Let's go to Maine!
Join us on Jan 3, 2020 from 8-4pm with an optional day 2 on Jan 4, 2020 from 8-4pm
This course will be held at St. Joseph College at 278 Whites Bridge Rd, Standish, ME 04084!
Up of 16 hrs of CE (8hrs each day)
Jan 3, 2020 Course includes:
8 hrs of suturing techniques taught by expert instructors from NIFA (the National Institute of First Assisting)
- Suturing instrumentation and tying with instruments.
- Suture types and the needles that accompany them.
- Needle driving, suturing, and knot tying selection relevant to tissue layers and proper wound closure.
- Simple interrupted stitch
- Horizontal mattress stitch
- Vertical mattress stitch
- Figure of eight stitch (4 types)
- Simple running suture line
- Running horizontal mattress suture line
- Running vertical mattress suture line
- Running locking suture line
- Modified versions of running suture lines
- Running subcuticular stitch
- Skin stapler insertion and removal
Optional Jan 4, 2020 Day 2 Content (encouraged!)
- 4hrs of Office Procedures for the FNP
- Derm Procedures Workshop including punch, shave, and elliptical excisional biopsy
- Local anesthesia and field blocks
- Digital blocks and nailbed workshop for subungual hematoma, paronychia, and nail removal
- Eye emergency workshop with woods lamps and fluorescein staining
- Ear workshop with cerumen impaction removal, curettes, forceps, and foreign body removal
- Cryotherapy workshop for dermal lesions
- 4hrs of Chest and Abdominal X-Ray Interpretation
This course is the perfect way for any nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or physician looking to learn all the skills necessary for outpatient suturing and basic office procedures. OR grade equipment is used to help best replicate the real-world environment and our hyper-realistic trainer makes the most of the action-packed day. You are guaranteed to leave with the skills to confidently apply these skills immediately on your patients.
Come elevate your skills to the next level!
Day 1 and 2 course each include 8hrs of continuing eduation credit, total of 16hrs for participating in both days.
For any questions about the continuing education credits or travel arrangements, contact John Russell at 309-370-7582 or use the contact us link above!
For further questions about the site, please direct communication to Anthony McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org