Earlybird Discount until 10/9/19!!!
Price will increase to $329 on 10/10/19!
Let's go to Portland, OR!
Join us in Downtown Portland on Nov 9, 2019 from 8am-4pm.
The course will be held at Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront at 1401 SW Naito Parkway, Parkland, OR 97201.
There is an optional hand-tying workshop (for tying without instruments for in-patient settings and procedures like chest tubes and central lines) in the evening as well for an additional $150. Seating limited to 30 attendees so confirm your seat as early as possible to guarantee your spot!
Total of 17 hrs of CE (plus 4hrs of hand tying optional)
Live Course includes:
8 hrs of suturing and derm procedures:
- Suturing instrumentation and tying with instruments.
- Suture types and the needles that accompany them.
- Needle driving, suturing, and knot tying selection relevant to tissue layers and proper wound closure.
- Simple interrupted stitch
- Horizontal mattress stitch
- Vertical mattress stitch
- Figure of eight stitch (4 types)
- Simple running suture line
- Running horizontal mattress suture line
- Running vertical mattress suture line
- Running locking suture line
- Modified versions of running suture lines
- Running subcuticular stitch
- Punch biopsy techniques
- Abscess I/D, packing, and anesthesia
- Skin stapler insertion and removal
Online Course includes:
9 hrs of online self-paced CE (4hrs of pharm CE) content in Chest and Extremity X-rays, Antibiotic Management, and Heart Failure Management.
This course is the perfect way for any nurse, nurse practitioner, physician assistant or physician looking to learn all the skills necessary for outpatient suturing and basic office procedures. OR grade equipment is used to help best replicate the real-world environment and our hyper-realistic trainer makes the most of the action-packed day. You are guaranteed to leave with the skills to confidently apply these skills immediately on your patients.Come elevate your skills to the next level!
In-Person Course includes 8 approved contact hours as well as catered lunch and a suturing trainer for home use!
For any questions about the continuing education credits or travel arrangements, contact John Russell at 309-370-7582 or use the contact us link above!
Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
1401 SW Naito Parkway
Portland, OR 97201