Consider this scenario: You were the expert bedside nurse, staff nurse, and preceptor. The opportunity came due to a management vacancy, and you decided to move into a nurse manger/supervisor role to offer better work/life balance, or so you thought. You quickly found minimal resources to guide you, few people to ask questions from, and an ever-growing pile of things to accomplish and no clear success plan. This is more common than you think and with the expertise of Ila Minnick’s decades of experience working in healthcare systems as a “fixer”, you will gain that resource.
Presented by Ila Minnick, owner and founder of Interim Leadership Associates, this workshop will take any level of nursing leadership and add more than just a how-to seminar of leadership content. This course provides the 1) framework, 2) resources, 3) personal experience, 4) stories that show how these tools are successfully and not-so-successfully implemented, 5) breakout sessions to personalize your learning, and 6) resources to go home with for continued growth on-the-job.
This workshop will be hosted at the Skills On Point Simulation Center at 6775 Fincham Dr. Suite #3, Rockford, IL 61108.
Sept 10, 2019 from 8am-5pm.
Nursing managers, operational supervisors, assistant managers, nursing directors. Also is a fantastic refresher and CE opportunity for nurse executives and nursing systems or healthcare administration track students! Open to all interested participants. No experience required to benefit.
This includes 8hrs of ANCC-approved nursing continuing education credit and catered breakfast and lunch as well as several recommended resources we cover in the course!
At the completion of the course you will be able to:
- Discuss leadership, differentiate between leadership and management, identify individual leadership style, and discuss leader character qualities.
- Develop understanding of yourself as a leader, identify self-evaluation tools and develop a personal action plan
- Utilize appropriate tools to assess and build your team
- Employ human resource skills to identify high, medium, and low performers and appropriately administer disciplinary action
- Discuss Just Culture and the impact of a unionized environment
- Successfully implement change
- Employ tools and tactics to build resilience and identify burnout
- Demonstrate fiscal accountability for productivity, budget, capital acquisition, and staffing
- Differentiate between coaching and mentoring, identify opportunities for both
- Discuss the importance of succession planning
- Acquire tools for successful presentation of yourself as a leader
Hotel blocking has been provided at the following link with discounted rates at Hilton Garden Inn. Click for more information HERE
For more information, see the section on the homepage of www.skillsonpoint.com under Quick Links for more details about travel and lodging recommendations.
For questions regarding this or any other course for CE credit, travel, or otherwise, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.